1. Artists are asked to create banner design entries based on the 2009 Festival of Banners theme Streets Alive! Entries must be in colour and can be drawn, painted, or copied and pasted on the form provided. The design must be a true representation of the image the artist intends to paint and must fit exactly into the space provided. The artist must sign the disclaimer on the back of the entry form.
2. No numbers, letters or logos are permitted on banner entries.
3. Entries must be original designs created by the entrant.
4. The non-refundable entry fee is $25 for a maximum submission of two designs. Entries must be accompanied by a cheque or money order made payable to Orillia Festival of Banners.
5. Mail entries (do not fold) in a large envelope to:
Orillia Festival of Banners
Streets Alive! Celebration
c/o Orillia Museum of Art & History
30 Peter St. S.
Orillia, ON L3V 5A9
6. Deadline for submissions is April 30, 2009.
7. Entries will be juried by a panel of at least three judges appointed by the Festival of Banners committee. The judges’ selection of 12 designs will be based on the following criteria:
• Response to the theme ‘Streets Alive!’
8. The jury will conduct blind sessions and will not know the identity of individual entrants. Decisions on acceptance are final.
9. Successful applicants will be notified by May 15, 2009.
10. Exterior latex paint will be provided for banner painting; however, successful applicants are required to use their own brushes.
11. The four People’s Choice prize-winning finished banners will become the exclusive property of the Orillia Festival of Banners immediately following the announcement of awards on Sunday, June 7. Non-prize-winning banners are the property of the artist.